Sunday, April 3, 2011

C4T#3

Edna Sackson's Blog "What Ed Said"
Comment #1
In Edna's Post "Connecting the Dots", she comes together with teachers overwhelmed by the demand of teaching. The teachers created mind maps to connect the "disparate parts" of the puzzle. This activity yielded various results. Some teachers put themselves in the middle, some put the children in the middle, and so on. Edna said there was a great deal of trust in this project.
I commented on this post. I said that I loved how the teachers used mind maps to creatively show their struggles and challenges. I also discussed how I think it is important to include creative activities in the classroom, and that teachers should work together to solve issues. I left a link to my blog for Edna to visit. I really enjoyed reading her post!
Comment #2
In Edna's Post "Leadership Day...", she talks about a learning activity her class participated in. Edna and her colleagues sat in silence as all the students joined and formed a circle. Then, still silent, Edna drew a square on a piece of paper and her other two colleagues added a roof and a door. They stayed silent, but soon one of the students added on to the picture and the other students joined and took turns drawing something and trying to figure out what the building was. This activity demonstrated "...that one can lead by example without actually telling anyone to do anything." Edna wrote that she enjoyed listening to the student's conversations more than the actual discussion.
I commented on this post. I said that her post was a joy to read, and that the message this activity taught was very important.I also said that I loved how her class worked together and accomplished this task without getting disorderly. I told her that I could not wait to do this activity in a classroom one day. I ended by thanking her for the inspiration.
Different colors of paint splashing up

No comments:

Post a Comment