Wednesday, March 2, 2011

PLN Project #10

I must start by saying that before taking EDM310 this semester, I did not have a Personal Learning Network (PLN), nor did I even know what that meant. Now I know the definition of a PLN and the importance of one. A PLN is something that allows you to engage and learn more about what you are interested in. It is people, places, organizations, and activities that enable you to do this. I have my own PLN. I enjoy learning about creativity and education. I have my own blog, which allows me to post my opinions about these subject areas. I also get to visit other blogs to learn more about education and creativity. Since I am in EDM310, I also learn about the importance of technology through class blogs. I have a Twitter Account that allows me to follow educators and important people around the world. I am able to learn about what is going on in education today. I have a YouTube account that allows me to search for videos about creative projects and activities for the classroom and at home. I also search for interesting videos about education. I search for podcasts on the web that I can learn from and watch/listen to them. Google has also been a big part of building my PLN. I can check emails from important people concerning my learning experience, I can search the web for knowledge about education and creativity as well as blogs, I can make forms in Google Docs and share them with as many people as I want, I can make a presentation that I can easily access anywhere through my Google Account about education and creativity, and I can form group discussions about these topics. Having a Personal Learning Network is extremely important and I cannot wait to discover what else I can add to mine!
PLN Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment