Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Assignment #5

I used the following pages to better understand podcasting and benefits of podcasting:
Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog
Langwitches
The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
I really enjoyed reading and watching these podcasts. I definitely feel like they have helped me improve my group's podcast for EDM310. I enjoyed listening to the Eagle Nest Radio podcasts. I love that their teacher is creative enough to incorporate this into her classroom. I learned the importance of "voice acting" in the Langwitches podcast. "Voice acting" engages the audience therefore enhancing your podcast. I think this idea is very important. I also learned a ton from the Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom podcast. I learned that encouraging students to create podcasts allows teachers to make assignments using technology students are already engaging in, allows the teacher to access high levels of Bloom's taxonomy (which is very important in schools today), allows teachers to interact with students outside of the classroom, etc. My favorite part is that this allows students to be creative in the classroom. I think everyone is creative and needs to be encouraged to show their creativity. There is not a better place to start than young and in the classroom!
Podcast Symbol

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the voice acting and how it can completely change the subject matter for students. Podcast are a great tool for educators and I agree that more teachers need to be open to such advancements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skye,

    Voice acting is a great way to create more entertaining podcasts! Are you planning on bringing this tool into your own future classroom?

    Keep up the good work!

    - Allie

    ReplyDelete